Friday, April 6, 2012

Sadness - April 18th, 1970

April 18th, 1970

Dear Diary,

I will admit that I have never in my life felt so torn as I do at this moment.  My asbestos detection program is in tatters and I feel duped; The X-Rays spectacles do not have the ability to see through anything.  Not only will they not see the life-saving asbestos contained in the walls of the school, they won't even see through the walls in the first place!

And because of this I am torn.  I feel an incredible amount of rage towards Acme Products Incorporated of Springfield, Illinois.  I feel like they have taken advantage of my good will and have sent me a sub-standard product that does not work.  But deep down I know that this is my fault.  As a consumer it is my duty to research the product and make sure that the purchase is worthwhile.  I can't expect somebody to step in and protect me from my own ineptitude.  Who is going to do that for me?  The government?  Hardly.

So well done, Acme Products Incorporated.  Well done.  You have taught me a valuable lesson and I wish you the best in your future endeavours.  I tried to take the easy way out in my asbestos detection and I have been rightfully punished for my actions.

SJH


July 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment